Thursday 12 June 2014

'All About My Life' Scrapbook/Journal (Journal Prompts/Lists/Questions)


I have been inspired today by watching a Film called 'My Sister's keeper'. It is such a sad film about a girl who has cancer and her sister trying to help her. I won't give the whole story away as its a good meaningful film and if you haven't seen it, you should! :)

Anyways I got inspired by this film, as the girl with cancer has this scrapbook of her life. I thought to myself - "everyone should have a scrapbook or a journal of their life story". It would be lovely to look back on it when your old and grey to see who you were like as a person and be proud!

So I'm starting my own Scrapbook/Journal of my life story. 
I am calling this book
 "All About My Life".

It's going to be full of Journal prompts, lists, questions to be answered, doodles, drawings, thoughts, topics of my life, collages, magazine cut outs, photos, quotes, feelings, memories and anything you can think of. 

I am very excited about this project! I love writing (not so good at drawing, but it doesn't have to be). I also love to have a Journal for every day life and keep one every year. This project is different to keeping a day to day diary, as its all about who you are. 

Don't worry about spelling, grammar or punctuation. It does not have to be perfect. Your book is not being assessed. Just write without fear! 

I thought it would be nice to share all the journal prompts, page topics, questions and lists that I'm going to put in my book. So you can make your very own "All About My Life" book. 
(Note: I won't put about my life on here though)

Every week I'll put up a post of what the "page" will be about and if you want to follow it, you may do. :) (at your own free will), or you can just pick parts of it, like the journal prompts or questions. 

So example: Page 20 could be some questions to be answered, or a list of things, or a page topic on family. 

The categories in my "All About My Life" book:
  • All about Myself
  • Home
  • Family & Pets
  • Personality
  • Friends
  • Love
  • Favourites
  • Hobbies
  • Childhood
  • School
  • Dating/Relationships
  • Memories
  • Work
  • Pregnancy
  • Parenthood
  • Special events
  • Emotions
  • Achievements/Goals
  • Fun
  • Travel
  • Firsts
  • Loves/Hates
  • Quotes
  • Random Questions
  • Journal Prompts
  • Lists

 For your book you will need:
  • A Journal/Notebook/Scrapbook (A4 or A5) (with about 90-100 pages)
  • A good pen (one that doesn't bleed through the page)
  • A camera or phone (to take photos for your book)
  • Glue or tape
  • Envelopes (if you want to keep anything in them)
  • Optional: Paints, Coloured pens or pencils, inks, stamps, stickers, embellishments
You can date your book if you want or leave it undated, or just put the year. You could do one of these books once a year and see how your life changes. 

You could number the pages at the bottom corner of each page and do an index at the front (like the Bullet journal does).

Weekly, as well you could add a quote, 3 things grateful for that day, and a feeling of that day on the page your doing or make a special page for those. 

A list of things you can add to your book:
  • Photos
  • Greeting cards
  • Invitations
  • Tickets
  • Leaflets
  • Recipes
  • Letters
  • Business cards
  • Magazine cut outs
  • Postage stamps
  • Postcards
  • Reciepts
  • Maps
  • Doodles/Drawings
  • Menus
  • Anything you find inspiring
Maybe do a 'Photo Challenge' in your book (I know Instagram and Pinterest have ideas for photo challenges).

Another idea is to do some 'Mind maps' in your book. With the topic in the middle of the page and things to do with the topic around it. (look up on google images of mind maps)

So like I said, once a week I'll post on here the page topic and what I'll be doing on that page. You may follow along or just pick out things. Just have as such fun with it as you like. 

"There's nothing better than starting a new Journal"







No comments:

Post a Comment