Friday 28 November 2014

'The Happy Project!' - The Happy Book.


Hello everyone & welcome back to the 2nd part of 'The Happy Project!'...

... The Happy Book!

I've always wanted a book (ONE BOOK) to fill up with all my favourite things. Example: Family photos, quotes and inspirational pictures.

Well I thought it would be fun to make my very own 'Happy Book'. A book of all the things that make me happy.

So heres the idea I had...

  • To buy a thick plain note book (pretty or plain & decorate it).
  • To buy sticky paper and sticky tape.
  • To buy some colourful pens and a nice black pen.
So we have 365 days in a year. I thought start the 'Happy book' in January 2015. Then I end up with 365 things stuck in the book and be nice to look back on the year and gives me something to smile about.

Every day stick / write / draw / doodle one thing into the book.

Example: 
1st January - cut out of a dress I liked from a magazine 
2nd January - photo of my kids 
3rd January - wrapper from my favourite chocolate bar
4th January - Inspirational picture from Pinterest 
5th January - Writing in one of my favourite quotes 
6th January - Doodling a picture of me with a balloon 

Stick the things next to each other to make a pretty collage. So each page is a collage, so it doesn't look boring.


It could be anything, but it has to make you happy! It has to put a smile on your face. Nothing sad or depressing goes into this book.

You want this book to make you smile every time you open it up. It needs to cheer you up on a rainy or bad day. (|If you have kids, you could get them to do their own 'The Happy Book' too).

Here is a list of ideas of what your book could contain...
  • Photos
  • Pictures (ex: Pinterest)
  • Magazine cut outs
  • Wrappers (ex: sweets/chocolate)
  • Gift paper
  • Stickers
  • Stamps (Postage or Ink)
  • Quotes
  • Poems
  • Songs (or part of lyrics)
  • Happy mail
  • Menu
  • Tickets
  • Letters
  • Words/Sayings
  • What you did today (especially if its a special event)
  • Print things from the internet
  • Newspaper cut outs
  • Drawings
  • Doodles
  • Short stories
  • Questions
  • Receipts
  • Leaflets
  • Notes
  • What your grateful for
  • Reviews
Even if its a piece of wrapper from a chocolate bar that you ate that day, stick it into the book.

Here are some ideas of what photos to take...

  • Your happy place
  • Favourite things
  • Nature
  • Favourite colours
  • Your home
  • Family and friends
  • Yourself
  • Pets
  • Favourite places
  • Hobbies
Magazine cut out ideas...
  • Recipes
  • Short stories
  • Articles
  • Headlines
  • Pictures
  • Words
  • Adverts
You can get quotes from pinterest, instagram or we heart it website.

Things to draw/doodle...
  • Mood/faces
  • Weather
  • Hearts/Stars/Flowers
  • Cup of tea
  • Food
  • Earth
I will be posting a blog post called '365 Days - Take A Photo A Day!'.
I will be adding one idea a day (starting from January 1st) of what photos you could take.
You just choose the photos you want to take from the list, you don't have to do them all.

[Just an idea: It could just be a photo a day book, if you didn't want to do 'The Happy Book!' ]
[Or you don't have to do any! :) I'm not telling you to do it LOL ]

If you would like to share your pictures of your Happy Book, please check out the Facebook group I've created 'The Happy Project!' or CLICK HERE to take you there now.

So....

GRAB A THICK NOTE BOOK AND ENJOY A NEW YEAR WITH 'THE HAPPY BOOK!'.

xoxo

{If you haven't checked out my new book yet, here is the link of the details. (click here) Also I would like to thank people who have brought my new book and hope you are enjoying it!}

No comments:

Post a Comment